Wednesday 16 November 2011

Blink and it's gone

Guess who bunked in with Mummy the other night?

I went into Junior's bedroom for something and just happened to see a spider happily absailing down her bedroom wall....with the cheery, cheeky 'Cooeeee' sort of look. Not the sort of sight Junior likes, though, as she screams, loudly, when she spots any of the hairly little buggers. Well, in the blink of an eye, the little beast was gone...... There's me asking myself if I should tell darling daughter . She must have heard my thought...telepathic little thing...and asked "What?"

Ay....should I tell her or not? Decisions, decisions...think, think...while I flip her duvet and mattress up in search of the missing Charlotte..or Charlie so I can discreetly remove it. You see, as luck would have it, old Hairy Eight Legs would have to shimmy down behind J's bed!! Oooooooo, bad news. I was just imagining the SCREAMS if it came out at night and said hello to Junior up front and close! Would have to have eardrums fixed, for sure! lol

Again..."What?"

So I did...tell her. Hence, the bunking in. Never again. She kicks like a mule, nicks all the duvet and has sharp toenails! Needless to say, the next day the Spider Absailing Centre (J's room) got a mega hoover, clear out and what have you. Daughter says she is going to get some chestnuts, prick them and put them in all the corners of her room. Old wives' tale..supposed to keep spiders away. We shall see....or hear. lol

No comments: