Tuesday 5 January 2010

'Tis The Season for....

SOUP!!

Butternut Squash and Ginger Soup with Carrot and Pumpkin Bread....which was very tasty:o~)














Veg Soup, made with carrots, cabbage, potatoes, onions, garlic and vegjelly cube thingy that Marco Pierre White advertises. 29p for a pack of 4 from Home Bargains. Thought I'd give it a try
.














The heavens have opened and dumped another white layer upon us:o)) Everything has come to a standstill. Have been up to local shop to get the Soviet winter supplies in:o)) Mother, of course...our Fearless One...decided a little spot of snow would not put her off from travelling a few miles, via public transport, to see her dearly beloved. This normally takes about half an hour. Today, it took her over 3 hours to get back home, due to the roads becoming vehicular ice skating rinks and the authorities not gritting or snow ploughing! Ah well, she's home now and defrosting:o))) Banned from venturing out for the rest of the week! I'm glad that Junior tutored her in the art of using a mobile phone 'cos we were able to keeps tabs on her:o)

Last night's bedtime attire was triple everything!!..including top layer of fisherman's jumper:o) Nice and warm it was, too. It's gonna blummin stay on, too:o)

Charity shop buys today were a microscope set for Junior and a weatherproof jacket for moi:o) Total cost..£2.50.
I finally gave in with my boot stash (I have loads but rickety joints prevent me from wearing them at the mo. I have to 'get real' and admit that I'll never wear them. Anyway, Junior is now the proud owner of black, lace-up, thigh length boots (flattish heel). Nice and warm they are and have taken over the position of favourite from pink slipper boots. Me..I'm sticking to my good old trusty B & Q wellies.
Don't mention dogs in season!!! Whine, whine, whine. She's even trying it on with Henry, her best mate, but he's not having any of it! lol

2 comments:

anna said...

the schools are closed..COULD THIS BE A SIGN thats its time for me to keep them away forever lol ? the only problem is they are fighting from morning til night..it drives me mad. how on earth would i keep any sanity ? my little one sat on my bed last night playing snap..and she began to cry quietly and told me ..noone lets her join in at playtime at schol..i was GUTTED. if theres a choosing time..noone choosesher..its made me so sad !!!! how do u manage finances and budgetting ..im on benefits at the mo.and im sick of being skint xx

Minnie said...

Awww, that's sad about the playtime thing. Why don't you pop along to a home ed group meeting in your area and see people there? See what they've got arranged.
About being broke...it's hard but you find ways. You're still going to be skint either way... broke with miserable kids at school or kids at home, chilled out, learning and following their interests. For a start,...no money to find for school uniforms. lol A lot of home edders run little businesses from home to get extra money in. There's tons of stuff on the internet that you can use and print off if they show an interest in it. Charity shops are good for books, too. I picked up a microscope set yesterday for £1.50. Freecycle's another good source of freebies.

Junior was in charge of shopping this week and so of all the meals. So, she's learning about budgeting. She's much better than me..lol

She's downstairs at the mo, fixing a bite to eat. She's whistling. She's always whistling. Means she's happy:o)