Thursday 10 May 2007

CREAKS

Well, I have had a bit of a strange day today. Been oiling my bed, which is a strange thing to do, I admit!!

I have a wrought iron bed which lately has started to creak and squeak. You know, the "nod, nod, wink wink" type of squeaking, except in my case there's nothing to "nod, nod, wink wink" about. I mean, said bed hasn't suddenly come alive like something out of Harry Potter, it's just when i'm in it, tossing and turning, as you do, it complains, I suppose!! I stretch, it squeaks, I turn over - it squeaks, etc. Now, this is ok during daylight hours but at night and living in a house with thinner walls than I am used to, this is a bit, err, embarassing. Wasn't aware that my luvly bed was giving out the decibels... until son no 1 (who stayed over for a couple of nights) mentioned it..saying that he didn't get a wink of sleep because of the racket. Makes a change from being kept awake by snoring, I suppose!! So, junior and I attempted to quieten beddy up with a vegetable oil massage, seeing as it's the only oil we have (apart from 2 stroke for the lawnmower). And, by jimminy, it works!!! So, being on a winning spurt (no pun intended) we sorted out all things creaky in the house, including bathroom door, too!! At last, I can go to the loo in peace without alerting the neighbours with the signature door creaking!! It was like something out of the Adams Family. Anyway, all done and sorted. Who needs DIY SOS!!!

No comments: